“The study of the wisdom teachings should be a continuous process in which the teachings become the predominant factor of life.” — an Ancient Egyptian Proverb
Welcome to a major source of wisdom derived from the Ancient Egyptian civilization. You will be surprised to see how modern civilization rests firmly on the shoulders of Ancient Egypt.
This website features two main avenues of learning, in over 10 languages.
- A trove of free articles written by Moustafa Gadalla. See the Articles link in the menu.
- Links to a companion website where numerous books by Moustafa Gadalla can be purchased. There are versions in several languages. See the Our Books link in the menu above.
Enjoy this fascinating insight into Ancient Egyptian culture and wisdom.
The Glorious Gate
Last Post by Moustafa Gadalla 2 years ago
Topic starter 23/10/2020 3:40 pm
The Glorious Gate
The typical Ancient Egyptian doorway layout incorporated both sacred ratios (pi and phi), as shown and explained herein.
1. The overall outline in the vertical plane is the double-square, 1:2 ratio. [H = 2B]
2. The opening width is based on a square inscribed within a semicircle, the typical Ancient Egyptian way of proportioning a root-five rectangle. Thus, the thickness of the doorjamb is 0.618 the width of the opening.
3. The height of the aperture (h) = 3.1415 = pi
- The same two ratios were incorporated INTENTIONALLY in the design of the Pyramid of Khufu -- and prior to that in [the collapsed] Snefru's Pyramid at Meidum!
- The overall outline of of 1:2 is the most common in Egyptian design. The same ratio is the most significant in music -- the octave -- a replication of the origin[al] -- a renewed beginning! Also two is the number of Isis --- and on and on ....